Improving My Badness
Sometimes it’s just a matter of clearing the clutter out of our lives. The superfluous extras of life. In this material based society the one with the most toys is the better man and people only desire your friendship to send you a Facebook invite ( Nation of Zuckerberg ). Besides me hoarding an obscene amount of dresses and spandex, the people that follow under these ideologies must bid me “GOODBYE” and so does my affinity to accommodate “scenesters”.
One of my musician friends told me that it takes 30 days for a habit to become ingrained within yourself. When I reach home ( I’m currently in Toronto, Ontario editing my first poetry chapbook ) I’m quitting an assortment of outside distractions for at least a month, maybe two. Concentrating on the company I keep and the visuals/audios I ingest.
You can only improve if you know who you are truly. Being amongst a throng of egos in a “look at me” environment I feel like I’m being sapped. It can be difficult to entertain an army of fraudulence and maintain a sense of dignity and self respect. Your spirit knows when you lie to yourself.
30 Days of Progress & Elimination
- Quiet cute gatherings amongst FRIENDS
- Cultivating a more relaxed mindset
- To get at least 7 hours of sleep in the day ( I currently work on 4 )
- Mastering my visuals and conceptual art project this summer
Elimination ( some forever some for just this 30 day period )
- Botany ( but that’s returning at the end of this experience )
- Reality tv
- TV before 12pm
- Alcohol ( my stomach rejoices )
- Distancing myself from toxic friends and acquaintances
- No trap music ( sorry Keef, Jeezy, Weezy and Tyga )
- Newport Cigarettes
- Anger ( especially over things I have absolutely no control over )